Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do you prepare for the unknown?!

So I know this is something pretty much every mama to be experiences. The wait. Not knowing. How soon is too soon to pack my bag? I'm just past the halfway mark of week 37. Earlier in my pregnancy it was easy to think "oh ya I won't have any problem waiting til 40 weeks." and truth be told, I still sort of don't have a problem with it. We still have some unfinished business, between P, hubs and I. We're still finishing the renovation of our house, which I hope we can have done by this weekend. I haven't even started washing her clothes. I had my birth center bag mostly packed, and then needed to use the duffel bag for a weekend trip back to our house. And so, the mad rush to wait begins. I alternate between total conviction that Penelope will be fashionably late or early. I don't have any indication of an early birth, but part of me really believes that we are both running out of room and she's going to want to come out soon. But, no action from her. So I will wait. I don't think it would be a bad idea or that it would drive me too crazy to have everything prepared even for 2-3 weeks before her birth, but part of me feels like I'm postponing this so that i have something to do while I wait. Instead I guess I choose to sit out most of my days in relative boredom (although they seem pretty full).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...