Thursday, February 14, 2013

My FURST Baby's Birthday

Get it? First // Fur // baby?

Our old dog turns 13 today. I'd like to joke that we now have a teenager, but the reality is that it's more like having grandpa live at the house ;)

It's crazy to think about all that's happened in the last 13 years.

Too often we get those looks and gentle questions from particularly family members about "when it will be Romeo's time." Come on, don't you think I think about it every time I see him gingerly walk across our hardwood floor (you'd also see all of the rugs we have throughout the house for that very reason) or hear his gentle grumble as he settles himself down next to us. Or that it doesn't hurt to see that he doesn't even bother climbing the stairs anymore to sleep in our room with us? I see you, and I hear you, old dog. But you haven't told me that it's your time yet.

Don't we all get frail, cantankerous, near sighted, hard of hearing and particular when we get old? It just comes with the territory. Anyways, that was my little rant.

Even though he moves like molasses, there are still so many things that just light up that dog's eyes and perk up his solitary standing ear.

Snow.

The word "cookie," or perhaps the hope of what is to come.

When either one of us comes home.

He's a faithful old man. The best dog ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...