Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It's ok to take a break in life - Guest post from Oh Just Stop Already


Guess what I'm doing today? You got it. Tearing apart my house. Today I'd like to welcome Chelle from Oh Just Stop Already. She reminds us to stops and smell the roses. Lord knows I get caught up in the day to day and just need to sit and breathe. 


We move so fast in life nowadays. Spending so much of our days telling our spouses and children to hurry up, get moving, let's go; usually ending with a short and stern "now". We tend to miss out on the importance's of not just life but the little things that make it up. The family, the laughter, the awe of the grass growing, the direction of the wind, or even the sound of the hustle and bustle of traffic around.

As a matter of fact, I hope that at some point while reading my words you stop. Look. And just take it all in. When was the last time you found a smile in the chaos of your daily lives?

For me it's been a while. Extremely too long.
Image-1
And that is when yet another wrench of tribulations came spiraling into my somewhat chaotic peaceful . Funny how life works, isn't it? The way we can get so caught up merrily along our paths thinking we just might actually have figured it out.

It was then in the midst of a full blown meltdown that somehow I was able to to grab hold of those moments. The bickering between two children over whether Princess Sofia should be allowed into the Fort of Mass Destruction. The sound of the baby squealing away as he splashed in the dog water creating another tsunami in the kitchen. There was a slight hint of heat that was carried on the tail of the breeze, after a week of chill and rain.

That is when the question came; through everything in the end, will this tribulation really matter that much? Will it effect the things that bring a smile over me?

In one simple answer.... No. Not at all.

It's been a while since that day but something stuck. It is imperative that not just me but everyone needs to retrain their way of thinking. Just like we have to retrain ourselves from pigging out on the greasy fat every day or learn the name of the new co-worker who greets you now. Thank heavens for multiple alarms, because I set one for just this purpose. It's okay to laugh; my husband did too at first. Same time every single day it goes off. Never turned off. When it sounds, everything I'm doing stops. I take it all in. Whether at the store, driving, arguing with the kids, battling the laundry demons. It really doesn't matter anymore what is going on. The moments happen more then that one simple alarm.

And I see them now. Better then ever before.
When was the last time you really enjoyed your "happily ever after"?


bfzooChelle is a multi-tasking working 2 jobs kinda mom of 6 and wife to a U.S. Vet turned trucker. Ultimately parenting by herself for numerous weeks upon weeks.

She enjoys blogging at Oh, Just Stop Already as her means of being accountable on her journey of fitness & health. And well let's be honest it's a source of keeping her sanity in line.

You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.


Would you like to write for The Pierogie Mama? Send me an email! 
thepierogiemama@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...